I have been working on automating SQL Server Health checks for a while now and use this post to share my work with the community.
You will find me constantly updating this post and adding more checks and Content/Scripts .
The list of SQL Health Checks on my agenda is as below:
- Check Wait Types to identify current performance bottlenecks on the SQL server instance
- Check SQL Error Log to identify errors in the SQL error log
- Check Memory usage for available system memory
- Check Log File Sizes and usage
- Check Full Backups in last 24 hours
- Check Failed SQL server agent Jobs in last 24 hours
- Check all Drives Space and available free space on the server
- Check VLFs